2014 Annual General Meeting
16th April 2015
The season is ending, but the work is just about to begin again for your loyal committee. 2015 is going to be a huge year of planning and events as the Team turns 50, and this starts with the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
Event location and updates found here.
If you've never been to an AGM, what we do is:
• review the year's membership, financials and overall Team function including events and recommendations for the future.
• vote on changes to the Team Rules
• vote in new Executive and General Committee.
Up for grabs are the positions of:
• President - in charge of overall Team function, chairs meetings, and generally runs the show with their awesome knowledge of MUWWT. Oversees Executive Committee and General Committee.
• Vice President - the Presidents right hand person. Fullfills the Presidents job if he/she is unable to do so and helps keep the Team riding.
• Secretary - The person who writes stuff down. And by stuff, we mean everything. They do meeting minutes, handle correspondence including email and mail, and have final say on social media including muwwt.com, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram.
• Treasurer - their innate sense of all things fiscal keeps the boat on the water, gear on our feet and petrol in the tanks.
• Drivers* - the people who drive the boat. Must be approved at the AGM.
• Marshals* - in charge of running trips, they keep an eye on safety, ride times, boat condition and trip fees. Must be approved at the AGM.
• General Committee - all those useful people who want to help and/or learn the ropes to become executives. General Committee may also hold specialisations including Social Convener, Equipment Management, Merchandise, Web Media, Propaganda (Posters, images, flyers), etc. If you can think of an area you want to focus on within the club you're welcome to specialise.
All positions are up for grabs to any capable and current MUWWT members. To nominate yourself or someone you think can perform one of the above roles with the grace and ease greater than a new born giraffe on a wakeboard, fill in the web form found here.
Submissions for Rule Changes and Nominations close on Wednesday the 15th, in order to finalise the agenda.
*Drivers and Marshals do not have to become part of the committee and attend meetings, unless asked to do so in relation to Camps or Trips. This role is independent to Executive and General Committee roles, although usually complementary to one's activity in the club. If you are a proficient boat driver, and are looking at training or re-signing as either Driver or Marshal at the AGM, but do not have the time to commit to meetings (ie, working full time), these roles may be perfect for you.